Per Diem Plus® FLEETS, a mobile application platform that automates per diem tax compliance for motor carriers, today announced a new integration with Samsara. The deep link is a configurable integration that enables drivers to navigate between the Samsara ELD dashboard and Per Diem Plus FLEETS app creating an enhanced user experience.
With over $40 million of per diem claimed and 5 years of reports accepted by the IRS, adding an accountable, substantiated per diem program is a sure-fire way for a motor carrier to increase driver take home pay and save money.
Consider the following:
- The typical over-the-road (OTR) driver averages 127,500 miles annually and is away from home 280 nights a year.
- 280 nights equals $18,480 of tax-free per diem at $66/day.
- Substantiated per diem can be earned during HOS-mandated 34-hour restarts and unforeseen delays like detention, breakdowns, or weather.
- The average driver will save thousands of dollars in taxes, equivalent to several cents per mile.
Our cloud-based platform enables motor carriers to implement an IRS-compliant fleet per diem plan that is:
- Easy to Setup: An IRS-compliant mobile application platform that allows for rapid deployment with minimal investment in dollars and/or IT resources.
- Easy to Use: Just drive! Trip Summary lets drivers know when they earned per diem.
- Flexible: Supports individual and team drivers operating both ELD-exempt and non-exempt vehicles.
- Streamlines Tax Compliance: Say “Goodbye” to ELD backups! Receive automated IRS-compliant fleetwide per diem payroll reports.
Case Study: One fleet with 85 company drivers was able to save $255,000 in the first year and increase driver pay by $0.04 per mile by leveraging FLEETS.
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com
About Per Diem Plus
Per Diem Plus was born over our 25 years of experience as agents and tax practitioners and a relentless pursuit to introduce efficiency to the time-consuming task of tax compliance for truck drivers, fleets and their accounting professionals. The Per Diem Plus® FLEETS mobile application platform enables motor carriers to implement an IRS-compliant fleet per diem program in hours that is scalable and data plan friendly. Per Diem Plus was designed, developed and is managed in the USA and is the only IRS-compliant mobile application that provides automatic trucker per diem and travel-related expense tracking for travel in the United States and Canada for drivers, motor carriers and owner operators. For more information, visit www.perdiemplus.com
Copyright 2021 Per Diem Plus, LLC. Per Diem Plus proprietary software is the trademark of Per Diem Plus, LLC.®