For Immediate Release
ST. LOUIS, MO — In these trying times, we at Per Diem Plus realize that it can be hard to concentrate on the business of running your business. Still, for many of us—we got into this business to have a positive impact—on our own lives, our families, and our communities at large. That’s why Per Diem Plus remains committed to you and your trucking business in these difficult times and pledge to you to do the best that we can to support you and your fleet throughout this emerging situation.
In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, Per Diem Plus is waiving the enrollment and user fees for 3 months for trucking companies that implement a per diem program using the Per Diem Plus FLEETS trucker per diem mobile application platform. Adding an accountable, substantiated per diem program for employee drivers is a sure-fire way for a motor carrier to save money, while also raising driver take home pay. Consider the following:
- The typical over-the-road (OTR) driver averages 127,500 miles annually and is away from home 280 nights a year
- A driver would receive $18,480 of tax-free per diem at $66/day
- Substantiated per diem can be earned during U.S. Department of Transportation Hours of Service-mandated 34-hour restarts and unforeseen delays like detention, breakdowns, or weather
- The average driver will save thousands of dollars in federal and state income and payroll taxes, equivalent to several cents per mile
Our cloud-based platform enables motor carriers to implement an IRS-compliant fleet per diem plan that will save a motor carrier money that is:
- Easy to Setup: An IRS-compliant mobile application platform that allows for rapid deployment with minimal investment in dollars and/or IT resources.
- Easy to Use: Just drive! Trip function lets drivers know when they earned per diem.
- Flexible: Supports individual and team drivers operating both ELD-exempt and non-exempt vehicles.
- Streamlines Tax Compliance: Say “Goodbye” to ELD backups! Receive automated IRS-compliant fleetwide per diem payroll reports
One fleet with 85 company drivers was able to save $255,000 in the first year and increase driver pay by $0.04 per mile by leveraging FLEETS.
“Everyone at Per Diem Plus is just happy to do something for the trucking companies and drivers, for without trucks America cannot recover from this event” said Donna Sullivan, CPA, CEO of Per Diem Plus.
About Per Diem Plus
The Per Diem Plus® FLEETS mobile application platform enables motor carriers to easily implement an IRS-compliant fleet trucker per diem program in hours that is scalable and data plan friendly. Per Diem Plus was designed, developed and is managed in the USA and is the only IRS-compliant mobile application that provides automatic trucker per diem and travel-related expense tracking for drivers, motor carriers and owner operators.
* Offer expires July 1, 2020. New customers only; Unlimited number of drivers. Excludes Premium Setup Fee.