Raise Truck Driver Pay
A company-sponsored substantiated per diem plan will save a fleet money and raise driver take-home pay by several cents per mile.
Truckers designed it, tax pros built it, your drivers want it. Our cloud-based FLEETS mobile app platform with flexible Service Plan Options enables motor carriers to easily implement an IRS-compliant fleet per diem plan that will:
- Enhance recruiting and retention
- Raise driver pay by the equivalent of several cents-per-mile
- Save a fleet several thousand dollars per driver
- Eliminate the need to retain ELD backups for 3 years
Adding a substantiated per diem program for employee drivers is a sure-fire way for a motor carrier to save money and raise driver take-home pay. Consider the following:
- The typical over-the-road (OTR) driver averages 127,500 miles annually and is away from home 295 nights a year
- A driver would receive $19,470 of tax-free per diem at $66/day
- Unlike a cent-per-mile plan it can be earned during HOS-mandated 34-hour restarts and unforeseen delays
- The average driver will save thousands of dollars in income and payroll taxes, equivalent to several cents per mile
For example, a married driver from South Carolin could save $5,123 in taxes equal to an extra 4.4 cents per mile.
A single driver from Missouri could save $5,638 in taxes equal to an extra 4.6 cents-per-mile. Learn how state tax rates impact per diem in our post State Income Tax Considerations of Driver Per Diem
About Per Diem Plus FLEETS
Per Diem Plus FLEETS is a proprietary mobile software application that was designed by truckers and built by tax pros. It is the only IRS-compliant mobile app for iOS and Android that automatically tracks each qualifying day of travel in the USA & Canada and replaces ELD backups (logbooks) to substantiate away-from-home travel.
Do you have questions about Per Diem Plus FLEETS?
Disclaimer: This article is for information purposes only and cannot be cited as precedent or relied upon in a tax dispute before the IRS.
Copyright 2020 Per Diem Plus, LLC. Per Diem Plus proprietary software is the trademark of Per Diem Plus, LLC.®