Designed by drivers, built by tax pros
Per Diem Program Saves Motor Carrier Over $3,000 Per Driver
"Partnering with Per Diem Plus provided us a turn-key solution configured to meet the needs of our fleet and offer this benefit to our drivers who love our new per diem app."Nick A., Controller
Per diem saves fleet thousands. With over 400 power units the motor carrier is a leader among specialized companies serving the United States and Canada.
The Controller was looking for a solution to two significant challenges impeding growth. The first involved reducing driver turnover and the second was raising driver pay in a tight labor market to improve driver recruiting.
- The 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act eliminated the ability of employee drivers to claim per diem as a tax deduction on their individual income tax return.
- The absence of a company-sponsored per diem program increased driver turnover and hampered recruiting.
- Creating IRS-compliant contemporaneous per diem records from ELD back ups is immensely time consuming.
What Customer Needed:
- An IRS-compliant mobile application platform solution that would allow for rapid deployment with minimal investment in dollars and/or IT resources.
- An interface to manage individual and team drivers operating both ELD-exempt and non-exempt trucks that would be easy-to-use for non-technical users.
- A scalable, secure, cloud-based solution to meet the growing needs of their fleet.
- Automated administration of a company-paid accountable per diem program.
The Per Diem Plus Solution:
The only IRS-compliant mobile application platform that automated administration of an accountable trucker per diem plan.
- Fleet-branded Android & iOS mobile apps that individual and team drivers could use on their own device or install on fleet-owned devices.
- Formatted per diem payroll reports streamlining the burdensome IRS tax compliance regulations.
- Eliminated the need to retain over 100,000 pages annually of ELD / AOBRD backups for no less than IRS-required 3 years.
- Superior driver support through our US-based Driver Success Team via Phone, Text and/or Email.
- A “Never Lost” retention policy that insures fleet per diem data is instantly available for 4 years.
Per Diem Case Study Results:
- The fleet is saving more than $3,000 per driver annually through reduced income and payroll taxes and workers compensation.
- Received $125,000 refund on prior year workers compensation premiums.
- The tax-free per diem program increased Married drivers pay by 2.8 cents per mile and Single drivers pay by 4.2 cents per mile.
- Driver turnover is down to 15%.
- The program launched in 21 days including tech implementation and driver training.
The carrier was able to increase driver pay AND reduce expenses through implementing their per diem program with Per Diem Plus FLEETS.
Use our Fleet Per Diem Benefit Calculator to learn how much your fleet can save with Per Diem Plus
Implementing Per Diem Plus Fleets is easy
Implementing Per Diem Plus FLEETS is a breeze and does not require specially trained professional installers like telematics solutions. No matter how big or small your company is, Per Diem Plus has a solution for you.
Get in touch with the experts at Per Diem Plus today to discuss a smooth rollout for your system.
Questions? Contact Mark W. Sullivan Program Manager - Per Diem Plus FLEETS
About: Per Diem Plus FLEETS is a proprietary mobile software application that was designed by truckers and built by tax pros. It is the only IRS-compliant mobile app that automatically tracks each qualifying day of travel in the USA & Canada and replaces ELD backups (logbooks) to substantiate away-from-home travel.
Copyright 2019-2022 Per Diem Plus, LLC. Per Diem Plus proprietary software is the trademark of Per Diem Plus, LLC.®